View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
desypete

i would of hated to be a female, meeting me in my first few years of learning how to live sober

its such a rocky road at the best of times meeting someone new and trying to get to know them, but for an alcoholic like me, i didn't know who i was or what i was for a long time, i thought i did, but i really honestly didnt get to see me the real me for about 5 years of being sober

before that i thought i had found everything, i thought i knew it all and i was right because i was now sober and didnt drink,
i bored one girl i met to death with my non stop aa talk lol how dare they not be interested in ME and MY SOBRIETY

I DEMAND EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME AS I TELL YOU ALL ABOUT MY SOBRIETY

can you picture how good that looks to someone who doesnt have a drink problem or any sort of problem in staying sober lol

well thats what you can expect for the first few years with an alcoholic unless he has a good sponsor who will try to get him to look past it and think of other people etc

they have to get brought down off there white cloud normally pain does this work in aa just when things go well and you end up thinking everything is perfect bang somthing bad happens either a partner leaves them as they can not put up with there ramblings on and on about the program or living this new life or a job goes you name it something happends that brings them down to earth with a bump

having said all that later on in years alcoholics make dam good partners so long as they have worked and lived there new life
when they finally come to see its not what they say or sound like in an aa meeting or how well they can try to preach about things that matter.
its just what you do in a day to make someone else happy is what counts
if you end up with an alcoholic who is living that way then you will have a real good catch on your hands : )

just be prepared to wait for those things to come and good luck to you