Old 10-26-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
desypete

i lost my kids to social services care because of my drinking should i not mention it as others haven't lost there kids YET ! or should i mention it as a warning that if they carry on drinking it can and mostly likely will happen to them

war stories are not war stories, there my own personal experience of what life was like for me drinking
i came to aa for help with my drinking problem and i only got that help once i heard other peoples experiences with drinking and what happened to them, i never would of come back had people not be so honest and there honesty means i can not live in the fantasy world i was living in trying to pretend my life was ok etc

i pass on my experience strength and hope to anyone in the meetings and when i am asked to do a main share you can hear a pin drop as my life story unfolds into the sucess story it leads onto and how grateful i am to those memebers in aa who were honest enough with me about themselves so i could learn how to get honest myself

when i remember all the times i would wake up in a wet bed stinking of pee, and trying to dry out the mattresses before anyone found out, as i would never want anyone in the world to know i did that as it would be so shameful for anyone to know
now i dont give a monkeys who knows i wet the bed
i got honest because of others who were honest i learnt it i wasnt given it