Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Kristydix View Post
My husband is a recovering narcotic abuser. He's been clean about 3 months. 3 days ago everything seemed fine, and then the doctor prescribed him pain pills and he wasn't able to refuse. We got in a fight, and now is missing work. I am so worried because we have children together and I am now 6 months pregnant. He rarely will talk to me, but all be keeps saying is he's trying to find himself right now. I am so scared he will not be able to recover and I don't know how to be there for him, or get him to come home. I can't even sleep. Please help!
Kristy...

Welcome to the Board. I'm sorry you're in this spot. Especially while you're expecting.

Unfortunately, opiate addiction is extremely difficult to get a handle on. Three months clean is not a long time. Your AH came to a fork in the road when faced with pain medication, and he chose to feed his addiction.

Do you have family in the area that can provide you support? I would assume the worst right now. Protect yourself, protect your children, and especially protect your unborn child.