Old 10-21-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Thumper

No I'm not. I was *ready* to let all that go. It was a relief for me to move past that. It was suffocating me. It was doing more damage than his alcoholism was.

Today I have moments of fleeting anger if there is a current event that angers me. I accept who he is, his strengths and weaknesses, I have no illusion of making things any different. I think a lot of my anger towards him was just that he didn't do what I wanted no matter how diligent, loving, and right I was. So the anger comes, and it goes. I move on.

Before, when I was caught up in the fixing and loving and controlling, I would bury that anger and it would fester. Not good. It consumed me and clouded everything I did. I struggled very hard to separate from my ex and to carry the negative part with me after he was gone???? That just makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted by Overit23 View Post
Have you tried a support group or some sort of counseling? It may help you cope.
Hugs
Letting go of anger, bitterness, control, resentment...it is the most freeing thing in the world. It is worth the investment of figuring out how to free yourself from it if you aren't there yet.

ETA: Looking at your join date I don't know how long you've been separated. It is not an overnight process so don't be to hard on yourself Just keep working for it.