Old 10-20-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Heartfan82

Hi Elle,
I'm glad you posted about how you're feeling; I think it's good to vent, you probably feel better already, just by getting it off your chest and saying it out loud!

It's hard sometimes to look at the bright side of things when you're feeling like crap, I know. Life can sure get overwhelming, especially when everything seems to happen all at once. The thing I always hear from people on this forum, and it's so true, is that you're still going to have all these issues whether you drink or not....but it would surely cause even more problems if you do continue to drink.

There are a few positive things, I got from your post, that might help to focus on, and just try to keep moving forward....

1) At least you still have your hubby, even though his foot is broken! Take it from someone who lost her husband many years ago, way too young, I would give anything to have him back, and would love to do extra running around for him. Give him a big hug, at least a 60 second hug, and you should both feel a little healing from that

2) You have a job! Some people are struggling and searching for a job, and even though it gets overwhelming, and you feel like bi*ching, try to concentrate on that fact for now...

3) It sounds like you are talented in glass design, to have a project that someone is so earnestly waiting for, that you have a deadline! Maybe you could focus some of that energy to create something beautiful-- sometimes the most unique and wonderful artistic designs come from a place of turmoil or sadness....

I feel for you, having a sick kitty, and I hope all goes well at the vet tomorrow. Trudging through one thing at a time, don't stress about what you cannot do today, and eventually you'll get to a time when you can relax a bit.

Please take care of you, too. Drinking seems to offer a reprieve from stress at the time, but you know, you still wake up the next day to the same ol' stuff

Best wishes on your sober journey! Keep on keepin' on!
~Heartfan