Thread: Drunk
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MavisTheFairy13

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I stopped taking citalopram 40mg about 4 months ago as I was feeling better (also had concerns over putting weight on / other side effects) tapered off with support from GP.

I have now started to become paranoid / anxious at work and suffering with really negative thought processes. Is it the drink? Is it stopping citalopram?

Im also struggling with my relationship with girlfriend, she is understandably upset that I continue to drink yet she doesn't appear to understand the thought side of things.

I work a really stressful job in management of supported living services (people with learning disabilities ) working long hours so worried I'm not managing the stress that goes along with this too
I'm on citalopram and tried to come off it a few months ago but ended up back on it again, turned out it was keeping my ibs at bay as well as making me feel better. I'm not suggesting you need to go back on it but would be worth having a chat with your doctor about stopping drinking, the depression anxiety and other issues.

You need to sit down with your girlfriend and explain to her how you are feeling, if it's hard to get everything out then write it in a letter.

I really recommend hypnotherapy for ocd and anxiety (if your gp agrees) if you can learn to control the stress it will make everything a lot easier. If you are really ready to stop completely then you can do this! Keep posting. If you feel the need to drink post. Get as much support as you can. I'm using rational recovery and AVRT and it's really helping me. My problem has always been drinking to relieve stress (or so I told myself), it hasn't been easy but I've finally realised that alcohol does nothing to help me cope. In fact quite the opposite. You are in the right place