View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Morning all! Welcome stevie and brickthrowing. Stevie sounds like a good plan to get out and be social and lean on your friends. I also used the allergy excuse to try to cover up my various states of illness from drink.... good to not have to anymore. I'm three weeks in aside from a slip last weekend (but Rome wasn't built in a day!). Came close to slipping again last night. I knew there was some wine in the fridge from Thanksgiving and I was home alone..... Anyways lucky for me after about an hour of humming a hawing about it I went over to get it and it was gone!! My boyfriend had beaten me to it! So he inadvertently saved me from myself Now there is no alcohol in the fridge to wink at me from across the room.... phew. It's a powerful addiction we are dealing with... no matter how much my higher self wants to stop my lower self still wants immediate gratification, a mood changer, an escape, an excuse to not have to be my best.....

Hope everyone has a great sober Saturday! I know temptation is there on the weekend but we should try to not feel deprived but instead liberated to do be able to do things that our drinking held us back from