View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stevie1

Good morning. I went to bed sober and woke up without a hangover for the first time in about a year. Yay me. On to day two!

I'm not working today, and no plans other than walk dogs and putz around cleaning house and raking leaves. Which is !dangerous! since I drink alone. So, I think I will make up one of my favourite crock pot recipes and invite myself to my friends "Mary" and "John's" house: I'll provide dinner, and they will provide the big screen TV and a movie on demand. They're probably my best friends in the world, and I'm going to be completely honest about what's going on. They know my drinking is an issue, but not how big an issue. And I need to start being really honest. Instead of pretending my bloodshot eyes are because of seasonal allergies, or my sleeping in is due to vague complaints of insomnia, and crap like that. Oh, and I am going to a noon AA meeting, which I'm nervous about since I'll be "returning."

Mary is addicted to food and she's scheduled for bariatric (sleeve) surgery in about a month. I've already told her that when she goes on her pre-op liquid diet, I'm going to quit drinking in solidarity with her. I'm just getting a head start.

I hope everyone else woke up without hangovers and grateful!