View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ItsJustMe89

Thank you for your comment MelindaFlowers. Unfortunately for me, I think I have faced consequences as a result of my drinking. But I don't think I have gotten to a point where I can really say that continuing to drink is scarier then becoming and living sober. I am in my comfort zone where I am. Even if it is not all that comfortable. It is familiar and easy and predictable. I hate being pushed out of my comfort zone, in regards to anything, but drinking is included.

I think that is what it comes down to for me. Have I hit a bottom that is firm and solid enough to build a step 1 on? Or will I not have any long term success in recovery because I haven't gotten to a bottom that will be the turning point for me?

I know it would be much better to quit before I reach a bottom like that. But its hard to get the determination, commitment, and motivation to live sober if you don't reach a convincing enough bottom.

I guess I just have to really assess the consequences I have had because of drinking and try to realize that it has gotten bad enough for me and there is no need to torture myself more and continue on to an even lower bottom before I do something about it.