Thread: Confession
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I have this picture of God shaking his head at us going "So you're still sitting there in the dark hallway surrounded by doors and complaining that you're sitting in the dark? Just go open a door -- kick open ALL the doors! They're right there? Do I have to bring out my two-by-four and smack you over the head with it?" (The answer, in my case, was always "Yes. Yes, you have to. Because if you don't, I won't get it...)
Ummm, I think I needed God to light a fire under my feet AND smack me upside the head with a 2 by 4! I'm pretty sure he did that multiple times.

Right now, I'm frustrated that my AH is being, well, an A, about my mom and her husband coming to visit. They come every fall and will be here for my son's 16th birthday and want to watch a tennis tournament. My AH has made plans to go visit friends in MI and then go back to his brothers in MD for a few days so that he does NOT ruin my mom's vacation with his presence. He will be attending his friend's kids events like swim meets and soccer games, but he will miss his son's 16th birthday and another tennis tournament. My mom called him a coward. Yeah, that about sums it up. Not like the tennis thing mattered anyway, he hasn't been to a tournament in 5 years now.

Can't wait to meet with this new lawyer on Friday!