Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
HopefulinFLA

I made it home in one piece and had a great time with family. RAH didn't relapse, I didn't catch Ebola (chuckle chuckle), my plane didn't crash, the airline didn't lose my bags, all went well.

Thanks everyone for your insightful posts, you've given me a lot to think about. Yes, I think my anxiety had nothing at all to do with flying, and everything to do with my previous trips away with out RAH. He told me last night that in the past, me being out of town was like a hall pass for him to binge, but this time he was able to easily dismiss those thoughts (hooray for recovery programs!). I guess on some level I already knew this and that is exactly where my anxiety was stemming from, and as someone pointed out, I was hanging those feelings on flying because I didn't want to admit to myself the true source of my jitters. Although I've come a long way in my own recovery, I just didn't know how much work I still needed to do until it was tested like this. It's very easy to tell myself I'm not going to worry about what he does until I'm put in a situation like this. Progress not perfection!

Thanks for helping me work through this. You guys are the best! xoxo