Old 10-13-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
brickthrowing

Hi livingnow,

I totally understand what you are talking about.

I too was happy and comfortable being home and doing whatever, projecting, or going out with friends or my SO, without drinking.

At some I equated being content with the things I liked to do with having alcohol present. Then it evolved into doing social things or doing projects that make me happy with a beer or five as a companion to keep me company in my project.

Then at some point, it became I didnt really want to do those things without a few beers.

I still wonder about this too and I don't have a solid answer but I have my suspicions.

It may start out of boredom, or the pleasure of doing things that we once did is not as intense or gratifying as it used to so we augment it with the buzz of booze.

I wan't it back too and it does come back for the most part I found, but theres still a few things that are still difficult.

I haven't touched my model trains in almost two years because even though I love the hobby, it still is associated in my head with having a few beers while I worked on it. Im just not wanting to risk it.