View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KOKilla
New Attitude, New Life

My First Emotional Trigger

Started my sobriety after one year of using on January 8, 2013, relapsed 11/10/13. I relapsed because I wanted to. I was forced into recovery. When I relapsed, I felt a disappointment I didn't expect. Voluntarily and successfully completed an out patient program April 30th.

Last night I had my first emotional trigger. I went to my "Mirror of Motivation." Cursed it, made the call. As I was about to put the venom in my veins, I heard Him. I realized I had let someone else control my emotions and I was about to let the devil take control of my life again. The devil almost got me, but I quickly flushed it. Everything I've been working for and have accomplished was almost destroyed in an instant. But I conquered the demons ��

I haven't had to face sadness since I began my recovery. In my addiction the only emotion I experienced was anger. I can't remember the last time I cried and couldn't stop, so when I had to face it, I didn't know what to do or how to handle it. Pain makes you stronger, tears make you braver. I am in control of my own happiness. I manage my emotions. My emotions don't manage me. I made it thru! We really are stronger than we think ���� Thanks for reading. Stay amazing everyone!