Notices

My First Emotional Trigger

Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Attitude, New Life

My First Emotional Trigger

Started my sobriety after one year of using on January 8, 2013, relapsed 11/10/13. I relapsed because I wanted to. I was forced into recovery. When I relapsed, I felt a disappointment I didn't expect. Voluntarily and successfully completed an out patient program April 30th.

Last night I had my first emotional trigger. I went to my "Mirror of Motivation." Cursed it, made the call. As I was about to put the venom in my veins, I heard Him. I realized I had let someone else control my emotions and I was about to let the devil take control of my life again. The devil almost got me, but I quickly flushed it. Everything I've been working for and have accomplished was almost destroyed in an instant. But I conquered the demons ��

I haven't had to face sadness since I began my recovery. In my addiction the only emotion I experienced was anger. I can't remember the last time I cried and couldn't stop, so when I had to face it, I didn't know what to do or how to handle it. Pain makes you stronger, tears make you braver. I am in control of my own happiness. I manage my emotions. My emotions don't manage me. I made it thru! We really are stronger than we think ���� Thanks for reading. Stay amazing everyone!
Old 10-11-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nicely put: I manage my emotions. My emotions don't manage me.
You're also right when you say that we are stronger than we think.
Thanks for sharing Kokilla,
You stay awesome too and welcome to SR!