View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by cazzap06 View Post
Sorry to butt in on this board but I am interested to know a few things if you or others don't mind? ...
No worries, cazzap, answering questions is what SR is all about

... do you think he would blame ME? I didn't remove him from that situation and I feel bad and guilty about that ... He is 7...
I don't think there is any way anybody can guess what your grandson is thinking. All I can tell you is that when I was 7 years old what I needed most was simply to be loved. At that age I was not able to figure out the ways of the adult world. _My_ world was just what I could see around me, nothing beyond that.

... I ended up suffering with exhaustion ...
From reading your post it seems to me like you did _more_ than could be humanly expected. I can't imagine anybody would fault you. I think that if you had tried to take on the responsibility of a 7 year old, and with special needs, while _you_ were allready overwhelmed and exhausted would have resulted in _not_ taking care of him properly.

I think you did the responsible thing, you did _not_ place that 7 year old in the care of somebody who, at the time, was too exhausted to care for him.

... My focus is on HIM now and I am hoping that I do get another chance with him ...
I think that is all that matters. The past is done, it's the present that matters.

As a 7 year old I would not have understood any of the issues you bring up. As an adult, today, it would have been a gift from heaven to have had a grandma that loved me the way you clearly love your grandson. I think you are doing just fine with a truly horrible situation.

Mike