View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by purplegrapes View Post
I think your trying to work me from the inside out? It doesn't solve my problems with my addict friend or addicts in my life and I'm not struggling myself with drinking but I certainly appreciate your questions which may help someone and may even help me with myself or the people in my life. I know doing the things I love always helps me. I'm a youth leader and giving back to them always helps me. I love fitness, the gym and yoga and I like walking and running and really want to do more other physical activity. I enjoy sports, my meetings, getting lost in my music, reading, writing, and I love tv and movies and the arts, I like to cook and bake and do crafts and I love to travel. I like learning. These sites also keep me sane or reading any type of recovery material. Motivation to stay clean is the life I have planned for myself now that I know the direction I am in, and making my friends and family and even "him" proud. I can't say I understand myself completely just that I keep busy and Domt want to go down the road he and some family members went down. I strive to not be like that and I also strive to make my enemies hate me even more. Embracing recovery was changing friends, not entirely, but somewhat, the gym, changing my work schedule to nights, and going to a few meetings, aside from that it was my guy friend and his family that truly opened my eyes and have them to thank.
Purple,

I'm not trying to solve your problems. What I am trying to do, however, is get you in a place where your mind is free of noise. I'm trying to get you in a place where you allow your mind to know what it knows. Because you know a lot.

You are to be commended for changing the course of your life. And the reason why I asked how and why you did so was because I'm sure it was pretty damn hard to do so.

Most of the loved ones with alcohol and/or addiction issues we read about here don't do what you did. Most of the time, they keep self destructing, impervious to the consequences to those around them.

So based on how you live your life and what you've had to do to get to where you are, ask yourself if this guy is good for you in any capacity. Because he can put you at risk...