Thread: Jerinicholas
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

You bet!

I struggled for a long time trying to "get it right" but since then I have done several 4th steps. For me, I journaled and it seems to take me to the places I needed to go at the time. That was fine with my sponsor and I would share my concerns with her.

Another was a life story which was quite revealing. There were patterns in my life and my behavior that were undeniable and quite separate from the alcoholic. And then I wrote about each of the significant relationships in my life which brought to light more patterns of behavior.

Lists were tough for me. They are subject to the mood of the day and like you I had difficulty finding good things to write about. But that is part of your inventory...an important part.

Writing has been a big part of my recovery. Whenever I find something unacceptable it helps to write about it until I work it through. Writing and also holding it up to the light of other recovering people. My thinking got me into trouble so I have learned to not to always trust it.

Hugs,
JT