View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trying2bhappy

Thank you guys so much! Dee, you really helped me put things into perspective...I never thought about it that way! Alcohol and cigarettes were my longest relationship too! Billymac, I started drinking so young that I never really developed any real interest or hobbies. Maybe that's why I started to drink in the first place?? I had real low self esteem from being a little overweight and didn't think that I was good enough for anything...I sucked at sports, I was too shy to cheer, I wasn't smart enough for the academic clubs, etc. (things that I had thought of myself as a teen). I did develop a love for fitness and nutrition in college, but, it was on and off because I was more concerned about drinking and smoking! I am now, at 38, trying to rekindle my love for fitness.

I know that it will take time for my emotions to heal. I did feel better last night. And talking about my past helps a bunch...things that I'm too embarrassed to even share with my husband, I can share with you all!! Thanks so much for helping me to open up