Old 10-05-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
golden1987
time to shine again

Originally Posted by Mikie9 View Post

My biggest fear is going to bed tonight sober. I hate how I just lay there unable to fall a sleep, and how when I do start to I get a jolt that wakes me back up. But I also remember even though the night is no fun, I feel better with little sleep sober than any morning after what I am doing now.
Well - I'm Mikie, I'm glad you're back b/c you gave me permission to lounge in bed all day, with my "0-minus-75" energy level. haha.

But, w/regard to sleep - have you tried melatonin or valerian? These are natural relaxation aids, and really help alot. You can find them at your drug store or a health food store. Also, I've heard people who are new to sobriety use Benadryl. I use melatonin, and it does the trick.

Also - not sure if you're a praying type of person - when my mind goes all "nightime monkey," I start praying -- giving thanks for everthing and everyone that comes to mind - and more importantly, praying for peace and comfort for all the children, and moms and dads in the horrible war zones around the world. I'm usually asleep before I get through half of them, but I think God is cool with that.

Hang tough. You've done this before - you have practice. :-)