Old 10-05-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mikie9

Thanks for the welcome folks. I never should have stopped at least reading posts. I feel lucky I was able to recognize my position much sooner this time. I know where I messed up, I got busy living and left my support group which let my mind forget that I am an alcoholic.

My thoughts for AA isn't so much for the initial stopping of this, but for long term. I will forget again if I stop participating in my and others recovery. SR is great and I owe the months I did have sober earlier this year to a lot of people here. But I know once I get into activities I will not log in as much and I want a constant reminder of where I am now.

I wrote a journal during my first couple of weeks last time, and have read back through it. Looks like some fun roller coaster rides are in store for me, come what may.

I will be posting a bit more this evening. I never have been a day drinker so I am ok other than being dehydrated and starving lol. I am working on that now. Also cleaning up the house, and taking pictures of the computer room where all the empties are. Some day someone will ask me if I want a beer, or I may scream I WANT A BEER! Looking at that pic hopefully will remind me what's at the bottom of that beer.