Old 10-05-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

welcome back.

I did the same darn thing. Good news is, sobriety is still right there where you once found it and all you actually have to do is choose it with all your heart and go for it.

I hope you'll give AA an honest shot. I had many reservations too. Took me three times landing in AA over the course of about 10 years to finally decide that even if parts of it 'weren't for me' - the greater majority of it was exactly for me. Because I NEED to be plugged into a community of others who understand, who have been there, who - beyond the drinking - share similar patterns of thinking and responding to life that lie at the core of our struggles with alcohol.

You don't have to become converted. You don't have to buy into everything or believe in anything that doesn't sit right for you. All you have to to is go there, sit down with an open mind and an open heart and be willing to accept the parts that might be helpful to you. Bonus if you open up and begin to offer things from your own experience that might help others.....

you can do this