View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
breakfasthere

Unhappy At an enormous crossroads

My husband left me. Again. He's holed up in a hotel room with his twin brother getting wasted. I'm devastated. It's been a long road. I moved clear across the country for him and married him just so he can come home and play house when he feels like it. I gave him all the love I had. He's gotten sober for periods of time but always relapses. This last relapse has been the worst. 7 weeks and going strong. I'm moving to the other side of the country on Monday to live with my parents. I tried to get him to file for divorce with me yesterday but he said he wants to stay married, he wants to be with me. But if I get emotional he leaves and goes and gets drunk. Sometimes alone, sometimes with his twin brother (who hates me btw). There is no contact when he's drinking. It lasts days or weeks at a time. He says he wants to join me in my move. I said only if he gets help. He says no but won't give me a divorce! When he's sober he's a wonderful man. I love him so much. I really do. What is going on?!?!