View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marcus

No detox is fun and a lot of it depends on your mindset going in. Yes with Heroin withdrawals I couldn't even get out of bed I was hurting so bad. I would wake up vomiting on myself. Arms and legs were on fire. It felt like I was being turned inside out and roasted over the fire. UNFORTUNATELY that was not enough to scare me not to do it again. Coming off a high dose of Methadone is probably the worst as far as opiates go, but heard plenty of benzo withdrawal stories that sounded quite scary. It seems like some people like to tell withdrawal stories and how theirs was worse kind of like mine is bigger than yours type of thing. In the end no withdrawal is fun, but it is just the start of things.

I am not sure how you could offend anyone with that statement. Just stay positive and stay committed. Do not allow yourself to think maybe I should just take one or two because in that frame of mind you will talk yourself into it. The best is to cut off access to it and then just tough it out. It will be over before you know it. Try to sleep as much as possible. The anxiety always got to me. Best of luck to you! You can do this!!!