View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sikofit

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
when it comes to boundaries, IMHO, less is more. start with what is your bottom line NO CAN DO will not happen, i'm hopping the next rocket to the moon event.

and then ask what will you do should that event happen....then ask yourself if you are really ready to ACT - if for example your boundary crossed response is that you will leave the premises, will you actually leave if needed? where will you go? what if it's 2am? is there a friend or hotel nearby?

think thru how YOUR responses will play out. have a plan in place, a good plan, not a sort of thought i might plan...
So, I'm genuinely curious. The minimum boundary, right? So what if my AH drinks until he's sick and pukes all over the bathroom again--would an effective boundary be for me to say, "If I come home to that again, I will pack a bag and leave?" For me, I'd also add that I would 1) go to a nearby hotel (which would kill him because it'd be wasting money), and 2) I would either call in sick to work the next day, or go in late, because I'm not going to worry about keeping up a good work record if HIS actions force my routines to be interrupted. This would also not be good for him or for our finances, of course--so maybe it would be a consequence that would hit him where he lives?

Is something like this a good thing, or a bad thing to do in trying to navigate a somewhat livable life with an ?