Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
biminiblue

My tough time was - 10AM till 8PM every dang day of the week. I am not working. I live alone, no family. No one to monitor me or tell me to stop myself.

At first, I went to AA meetings. I went to 115 meetings in 90 days. It got me "suited up and showed up" - heck, it got me taking a shower and making my bed every day. I even brushed my teeth! It forced me to talk to people I didn't know. It got me out of the house and out of my own crazy thoughts. It showed me that my inner thoughts were whacked out - even though I thought I was just fine.

I drank herbal tea at night. I drank soda water with lime in the daytime. I limited my coffee to one cup a day to fight the serious anxiety I had coming off alcohol. I prayed. I read recovery material, I spent time here - a lot of time. Still do all that stuff. I slept as much as I could, stayed busy when I was up. Lots of Netflix in the beginning because I was feeling like crap. More praying. Some ice cream; as a matter of fact, quite a bit of sugar in that first month to ease the withdrawal of the alcohol.

You guys can do it. Treat yourselves like you are recovering from a life-threatening illness: because you are.