View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
yoyobyebye88

starting my detox tomorrow

Hello, everyone! I am new to sober recovery, and I am here because I am an opiate addict going on 3 years now. My DOC is oxycodone and hydrocodone. I've also smoked heroin before, only because I couldn't find any pills. I've tried to detox many many times, and have always relapsed just a few days in. Except for a few months ago, I made it to 11 days clean. I relapsed that time because I had my wisdom teeth removed. I thought I could manage my addiction, and take only what I needed to help with pain. I did get a dry socket from smoking like an idiot lol. Because I got a dry socket, I was given 50 norco 7.5s, that eventually turned into a personal party. I know it gets better after about 5-6 days for me, at least I felt great at that point the last time I tried this. I've thought about subs, but decided not to do that because I want my body to heal naturally. I've tried kratom to help with withdrawals, but that made me extremely sick. It didn't help at all lol, that stuff is just as bad! when I stopped the kratom, the withdrawals were there, and as bad as when I stopped taking oxycodone. I've accepted that I have to "pay the piper" (I read that in some other forum, and it made me laugh). I'm trying to go into this with a positive attitude. I'd love to hear from any one of you who've made it through, and can help me stay positive. It's very hard, and to be honest, I am scared s#itless to go through this again. Thank you for taking the time to read this!