Old 10-01-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
auroraxborealis

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
First off, this speaks volumes for the type of person you are to be included.
Being divorced, I've done several things with the Ex's family.
I've done several night outs with the ex bil and sil.

You mentioned you were friends with your x's dad. How well do you get along with the mom etc.

Would you have a good time going? You mentioned you didn't think, the x bf would be there. What happens if he is there? Could you still have a good time?
Lastly, who invited you? Is there a hidden motive there to get you back with their son?
Do you see a remote chance of that if he's sober etc. ?
His mom loves me. His family loves me. As I said, I've had invitations to other events (his litte sister and SIL are having party in a couple weeks they wanted me to go to and then take me out for my birthday that night, his brother wants me to do his hair, his older sister wants me to do family portraits before she moves, etc.)

He is clean as far as I know, because he is still in the rehabilitation center.

Yes, I would have a good time there. And I could have a good time with him there or without him there. I want to go because the older sister is moving her family (nephew) in a couple months and I wouldn't have the opportunity too much longer to see them.

His older sister invited me. (The mother of the birthday nephew.) No, I don't think it was for alterior motives, just that we're friends and I'm a friend of the family. His family has never made it weird for me to be around them since the breakup.

I think my not going would make it more weird for them than my attending would make it for him.

Yes, part of me wants to go to see him. The other part of me wants me to not go so I don't see him. The other part of me says who cares what he thinks, do what you want. The last part says that's mean, this is his recovery, don't make it harder.