Thread: Birthday ideas
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Hi Bjo and welcome. Congratulations on your sobriety, 2 months without alcohol and 7 days without drugs is huge and you should protect that with every ounce of your being. What a wonderful birthday gift to yourself that would be. I'd skip the party.
You said you like live music. I assume that means you like music in general.
I would suggest treating yourself to a birthday gift. Go buy a new album you have been thinking about. Set yourself up somewhere comfortable and really give it a listen. I love music too, but often find it hard to get through whole albums as I just don't have the time.
But it is your birthday and YOU DESERVE IT! Make the time.
I find that I (bear with me, this is going to sound weird) like to listen to albums laying down on the floor with the lights off. It takes away most other stimuli and I can focus on the music and how it makes me feel, what it sounds like, what I like and don't like.
If you aren't into camping out on the cold, hard floor, you could buy a concert DVD instead of one of your favorite bands. For example, I love Led Zeppelin and have several concert DVD's of theirs. You could buy one or more of a band you like and compare the shows, thinking about the period they were in in their career and taking note of the differences in the performances.
This is something best done alone (therefore taking friends or lack thereof out of the equation).
I wish you a very happy, sober birthday. If you want a really good laugh, google The Quietus Coldplay review. I'd post the link but it is so offensive, so full of foul language that I'd rather you find it on your own if that kind of writing appeals to you, saving you from the shock if it does not.