View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
outdoors

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
Hey there. Just wanted to say that I'm really glad you are here. We have a lot in common. I'm also back after almost 2 years sober followed by a relapse. Like you, I worked an AA program last time, and while helpful, it wasn't quite yielding the results I expected after hearing certain others share their glowing reviews, which made me a bit resentful since I was working my ass off and taking suggestions left and right. Had done the steps, had sponsor, working with others, commitments, working at Central Office, etc. That's not to say AA failed me - I'm not saying that at all, but over time I grew tired of putting so much effort into it and still feeling like I had to drag or force myself to those meetings day after day... I guess my personal growth seemed to be stagnating and eventually I cracked. Not sure what to change this time but SOMETHING needs to be different, you know what I mean? Something...

Anyway, hope you are feeling ok today and I will be around. Today is the beginning of my return to the land of the sober and although I'm not glad that you relapsed too, I'm comforted by the thought that we are not alone. Take care.
Amen.