Notices

Back after a couple years off the wagon

Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy to have you back with us outdoors. We're here to help.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Those are tough circumstances, outdoors. Wishing you well today.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey there. Just wanted to say that I'm really glad you are here. We have a lot in common. I'm also back after almost 2 years sober followed by a relapse. Like you, I worked an AA program last time, and while helpful, it wasn't quite yielding the results I expected after hearing certain others share their glowing reviews, which made me a bit resentful since I was working my ass off and taking suggestions left and right. Had done the steps, had sponsor, working with others, commitments, working at Central Office, etc. That's not to say AA failed me - I'm not saying that at all, but over time I grew tired of putting so much effort into it and still feeling like I had to drag or force myself to those meetings day after day... I guess my personal growth seemed to be stagnating and eventually I cracked. Not sure what to change this time but SOMETHING needs to be different, you know what I mean? Something...

Anyway, hope you are feeling ok today and I will be around. Today is the beginning of my return to the land of the sober and although I'm not glad that you relapsed too, I'm comforted by the thought that we are not alone. Take care.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, Just got settled in after taking off to go workout and then mowing my yard. Just about to be through with my day 2 and feeling much better. Working out (nearly) always makes me feel better.

I was not particularly fast or strong in my WOD, but I got that release that makes me feel so much better.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
Hey there. Just wanted to say that I'm really glad you are here. We have a lot in common. I'm also back after almost 2 years sober followed by a relapse. Like you, I worked an AA program last time, and while helpful, it wasn't quite yielding the results I expected after hearing certain others share their glowing reviews, which made me a bit resentful since I was working my ass off and taking suggestions left and right. Had done the steps, had sponsor, working with others, commitments, working at Central Office, etc. That's not to say AA failed me - I'm not saying that at all, but over time I grew tired of putting so much effort into it and still feeling like I had to drag or force myself to those meetings day after day... I guess my personal growth seemed to be stagnating and eventually I cracked. Not sure what to change this time but SOMETHING needs to be different, you know what I mean? Something...

Anyway, hope you are feeling ok today and I will be around. Today is the beginning of my return to the land of the sober and although I'm not glad that you relapsed too, I'm comforted by the thought that we are not alone. Take care.
Amen.