View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
herradura

TTT, I am also over 200 lbs and used to drink a 1/5 of finlandia before I would go out to the bars and then drink 10 to 20 more beers/shots and still be able to be reasonably coherent. However, in the last year or so if I drink 8 to 10 beers I slur, cant talk coherently etc.

No doubt things have changed and my monster tolerance is now quite different. I take this as a sign to quit. Since drinking used to be fun and I would talk all night long, the booze is no longer fun since when I drink, I just sit there and look stupid, even worse when I try to talk and slur like I drank a handle of whiskey when in fact I have only had 8 beers. Good time to get another passion I think. Plus the day after not drinking is so much improved over the day after drinking. It all make total sense, but the change is difficult.

From being tin the liquor business you would be shocked how many people drink like they say in the 10%. The people run the gamut, rich/poor/educated/ugly/pretty/young and old all alike. In my experience the largest amount of drinking is not done in bars but rather at home. Used to sell a lot of cases of booze to people who did not want others to know their consumption. Also had customers who would contract with me to buy 25 cases of beer on sale and pick them all up at the first of the month when they had $$.

Feel pretty crappy about doing that now, I was sort of enabling them to excel at being alcoholic. I just looked at it as a business. I guess I also gave great deals on food to make people fat.

Who knows.