View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
UBB...

Bipolar Disorder is a serious mood disorder. It is possible, I suppose, for him to have untreated Bipolar. What sounds more likely to me is a character disorder like Borderline Personality Disorder, especially given your description of his rage.

In either case, you need to do what you need to do to protect yourself. Convolve mental health issues with alcohol abuse, and you've got a time bomb. You need to be far outside that blast radius when he goes off.

Again, my condolences for the loss of your father. Once you get settled away from your ABF, you may want to see someone to help you process your grief and sort things out. In the meantime, visit us as often as you can and post when you have need.
A+ on the DX, Z.

As Z noted -- The quick flip stuff is generally Borderline. It is a clear diagnosis apsect differing between BiPolar and Borderline.

It is also known as -- Emotional Dysregulation with a Hyperactive Amygdala. (a portion of the Brain, that when functioning correctly helps regulate emotions -- especially Fear and other "negative" ones).

I follow that the addictions and alcohol seem like the Big Deal. They are most likely not. They are just ineffective Self-Medication.

Not much you can do at this point other than get away.

More info Here >>>

BPDFamily | Borderline Personality Disorder

and here >>>>

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-thread.html