View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
irisgardens

mejo--thank you.

Ann--that is great advice...I feel like maybe I should have known it...but didn't...am very grateful...

chicory--the encouragement is magnificent...this is the hardest phase I have gone through and I feel like a beginner, just dedicated to being as healthy as possible...and you are kind and real to affirm for me that I need to keep on keeping on...although there have been many things...this one is the hardest...letting go of the children and treating them like adults is a very challenging thing...and, of course, as adults...they have their own lives and opinions...and i feel as if respecting them in this is good. i also have my own life and opinions...and to speak to my recovery friends sounds right.

yesterday was tough...today i am moving around more...and working not to think...but to be and do...and to let the brain have its rest while my higher power instructs me and helps me to get through things and with things...

attended a phone alanon meeting last evening and it was good...and helpful...will need to attend more meetings...