View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Thanks for your replies. Good stuff!!

This especially goes out to the newcomers, something you need to be aware of.

The reason, I started this thread, is because I was thinking back years ago. I thought when you quit drinking, you just quit, you didn't have to do anything about it. Sure I heard about AA, but heck no, that wasn't for me, no way, no how, was I an alkie, I was a good Catholic Girl lol, they don't drink, right?

Anyway, this was years ago, when I realized, I had a problem. I hadn't drank for a couple of months, it was going great, and I was doing it on my own.

A friend came over, because it was my birthday, and she had some wine coolers. I told her, no thanks, I didn't want any. She kept at me, and I said, no thanks, that I hadn't drank for a couple of months, and didn't want any. BUT, she wouldn't let up, kept telling me, one wouldn't hurt. So, yeah, I had that ONE, and off, I went again.

So our Dear, Newcomers, heed the warning. Find a program, that works for you. And if you're ever confronted with this issue, don't bother looking for excuses, as to why you don't want a drink. There's no need to explain that to anyone, stand your ground.

I think it's rare when a person, stays sober, doing it on their own.