Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
roguedreams

Howdy everybody!

I guess it wouldn't be a weekend without Jim Croce in it somewhere, eh? That was actually the first way I heard about roller derby, back when I was a kid, listening to that song.

Insomnia: my solution was to set my alarm for six hours after I went to bed (I seem to simply have trouble GETTING to sleep, not staying asleep. Most of the time anyway) ... that way I'd ensure I'd be more tired tonight. I don't know if that's a healthy solution, but that's what I'm trying today.

Sombrero, you're moving to Chicago right? I think I remember you talking about your old friends trying to "slot" you into their daily regimes. Yesterday my aunt was talking about when she went to say goodbye to my cousin (he went off to college this year) - when she asked him when she could swing by, he replied, "oh, let me check. [tap tap tap] Um, I'm free between one and two pm on Monday" ... she was flabbergasted that her 18-yo nephew would host such a schedule. Kids these days? Lol. I think it's just "these days" in general! I'm moving in a month, so I'm quickly facing another remedy for my insomnia, methinks.

Today I have a tentative lunch scheduled with a girlfriend (depending upon what time she arises...) and I need to research welfare options as I'm still unemployed. I hate that thought, but if I need it temporarily, then I need it. Oof. I also have several emails to send and ...

HOUSECLEANING. I guess I used to do a lot more cleaning drunk. I've really let things slide around the apartment and it's starting to really irk me. Now I'm just going to hold myself accountable by posting that here.

Oh, and meeting at six.

All day yesterday I thought it was Sunday (?!) so now my poor befuddled brain is like, wait, it's Sunday again? Lol. C'est la vie!

Here's some weekend music, just randomly. Maybe consider it good insomnia music? Haha

I love the movie too (anybody see it, perhaps? Les Choristes)