View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
PolarBlue

Originally Posted by esinger View Post
I would file for the unemployment first. In my state when you are denied and file an appeal they offer you free legal help. Not sure about Maryland. It's along story but when I was drunk and job hopping the free lawyers won my appeal on a technicality.
In a right to work state you can be terminated for any reason but (at least in my state) if it is not considered misconduct you qualify for benefits. If they didn't offer to send your sample to another lab you may have a case.

All that being said you were drunk on the job. This problem has to be priority one or it or something worse will happen. I could give you my list but I don't have that much time.

If you own your house and can't pay your mortgage, it usually takes more than a year to get booted. Not suggesting you don't pay the mortgage but..

Focus on being clean and take the rest as it comes. Overwhelming as it might seem, there is light at the end of the tunnel. With a clear head you might actually see it.

As much as it pains me to say this. With no income you may qualify for free Obamacare.
Thanks everyone for the advice/support. I'm just looking for some way to ease the anxiety a bit.

In regards to this post, if I didn't receive from the employer what was required by law, the reason for termination can't be listed as "misconduct" or "gross misconduct". So I may qualify for unemployment (if needed) and it may make it easier to find another job.

No backup plans right now as far as that goes. Just selling things on ebay as I wait for my PIN number to arrive in the mail to get the other funds. I hope to go to the local AA meeting Thursday. Do you usually have to call first or just show up? Not doing bad right now as far as urges go, all things considering. I know I'd feel even worse after drinking again, physically and mentally. And guilty over wasting money that I'll need for important things.