Old 09-21-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Queen Of The Roller Derby

Denver and surrounds are a proverbial hotbed for Roller Derby action. See some info linked below. The Skaters names are priceless.

A very athletic [and much younger] Teacher Gal Pal of Da Wife's tried out for a local Team, but had some bad luck. Shattered her Ankle in several places during a Workout, and had to give that Second Career a rest. Okie Leon Russell wrote the Ode below to Skating Queens, and I like the lil Gospel-style Vocals that answer back.

I can hear the Rain here picking up; always a challenge on this Adobe Mud Mesa-top. One reason we poured 6"-thick, Stained Concrete Floors. Dog-proof. This ain't the Midwest or South, so the ongoing, distant Thunder in pitch black pre-Dawn is very unusual. Good fun to listen to.

I'm 2/3rds done with wiring up a Gym/Guest Cabin/Shop/Garage 'Complex', and it looks like more Interior work will be the order of the day.

My 'Stand A Spoon Up In It' Coffee is going, and today will be just another great day Sober.

Roguedreams: you've just seen the future. Last night is what the rest of your Life can be like. Sober Karoake and all. A Happy Birthday to really remember, eh? Well done, and congrats on making smart choices so early in Life. Noob Kudos, too, to closetlobster and countrygirl2014. My apologies if I missed anyone...

Music Video Link

'Queen Of The Roller Derby' ~ Leon Russell

----

Skaters ~ Denver Roller Dolls

Rocky Mountain Rollergirls

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bosco + Stereo.jpg (20.9 KB, 64 views)