View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
esinger

I would file for the unemployment first. In my state when you are denied and file an appeal they offer you free legal help. Not sure about Maryland. It's along story but when I was drunk and job hopping the free lawyers won my appeal on a technicality.
In a right to work state you can be terminated for any reason but (at least in my state) if it is not considered misconduct you qualify for benefits. If they didn't offer to send your sample to another lab you may have a case.

All that being said you were drunk on the job. This problem has to be priority one or it or something worse will happen. I could give you my list but I don't have that much time.

If you own your house and can't pay your mortgage, it usually takes more than a year to get booted. Not suggesting you don't pay the mortgage but..

Focus on being clean and take the rest as it comes. Overwhelming as it might seem, there is light at the end of the tunnel. With a clear head you might actually see it.

As much as it pains me to say this. With no income you may qualify for free Obamacare.