View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
PolarBlue

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
OK, yes, you were tested (for their verification), but you weren't fired because of the tests; you were fired because you were drunk. It just seems like you're grasping..........trying to justify that you shouldn't have been fired. Let it go............and deal with your sobriety. Again, I say, check with a lawyer.

(o:
NoelleR
I will, but what I'm getting at is if they didn't follow proper procedure according to the law, the reason for firing can't be considered misconduct or gross misconduct and I can get unemployment or possibly take it further. According to HR on the phone I was let go because the test results came up positive.

Focusing on sobriety is important. But sorting certain things out during this process will help relieve some of the stress. If I wind up losing everything I can't imagine not going back to the bottle. I'm trying to prevent that. I'm having a really hard time letting it go right now, especially being raised to be responsible and always pay my bills on time. Just a lot going through my foggy head and I wish I could stop it.