View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
NoelleR

"...CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
Annotated Code of Maryland, Health General Article Section 17-214.1, was in effect in February, 1990. That Law requires the employer to provide an employee who has tested positive for controlled substances or alcohol a copy of the lab test results, the employer's written policy on substance abuse, notice of the employer's intent to take disciplinary actions, and notification that the employee may request independent testing of the same sample at his own expense. The claimant worked for this employer in Landover, Maryland, and it is concluded that this Law was applicable to the employer, and that the employer's failure to comply with the Law negates a finding that the claimant was discharged for misconduct or gross misconduct..."

Originally Posted by PolarBlue View Post
I agree, it may be worth getting some free legal advice. So far the employer hasn't provided me with this:

Decision Number 1461-BH-91 - Discharge - Sections 8-1002, 8-1002.1, 8-1003 - Maryland Unemployment Decisions Digest - Appeals

I need to find out if I should have gotten this right away and if not how long they have to provide it. It's been almost a week.
Again I suggest some kind of legal aid.........again you're grasping, and I think this you'll find that this example also does not apply to you. You were drunk; no 'testing' required.

(o:
NoelleR