Old 09-19-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Fun fact: Chicago was nicknamed the Windy City because of the "hot air" that blew forth from their politicians...not the actual winds off the Lake (which are just as bad!)

Six days until my next flight out of the States. Chipping away here. Just sold one of my beds tonight, my 2nd TV is going tomorrow. Raking in cash money for all my stuff, but I'm selling it at a discount. It will good to be free of a lot of material things that held no real value to me. Set the Gas & Electric to be turned off. Wheels are in motion. One foot in front of the other.

Funny thing happened when I was moving things into boxes today. I opened up an old drawer, and found a crossword puzzle book. When I opened it up, this little poem fell out. I have no idea where it came from, how it got there. Maybe it's something I had with me from rehab, but I certainly don't remember it. Maybe one of my houseguests left it there. No clue. Anyway...it was eerily timely, and contains wise words for anyone. Thought I'd share it: