View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Stress management is huge. It's taken a couple of months but I'm starting to do things for myself rather than against myself. In the very beginning of my sobriety, my eating was atrocious. It was like I was a petulant child telling myself I could eat "whatever" cuz well hell, I was sober! Well..that worked against me. My blood sugar was erratic because I would go long periods without eating and then eat well...crap. Not good for the "head"..or body. I have also incorporated daily meditation (and that took awhile). I downloaded a free app on my phone with a 10 day- 10 minute intro to mediation. It took me 3 weeks to get through the 10 days..but I can finally say..I HAVE incorporated now into my daily routine. I forgot my phone at work the other night and almost went into a panic next morning when I realized I couldn't do my 10 minute thing (I found it on computer thankfully: ). My eating has returned to healthy. I ensure I get enough rest. I am working my "sobriety support" via SR AND face to face meetings. I do go for more walks and well...I know I will be back to the gym any day.

Start taking steps...and soon you will find you our "managing" yourself much better. That's what sobriety does if you stick with it.