Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cap3

Hey Tommy,as already been said,everyone,s depression is different.Personlly i think its dangerous to compare one,s depression with anothers.its great to share,get info.,from all kinds of people,s experiences,though.So, i will share what happened to me.I had depression,all my life,that was getting worse,as time went on.Some days i couldnt get out of bed,only to force myself to.Went to the Doctors.Went to 3,to get different opinions.I was given the lastest lables,chemical imbalance,and heck today i forget the other 2.As these Doctors were explaining my condition,i just felt that no,this is not right.I dont know why i felt this,but i did.I guess,the hopelessness of it all,and that i needed meds,were what turned me of.For by now,having been in recovery programs for a while,ive had,some,of,the miracles come into my life.Why not depression????Got to thinking,that maybe my thinking was the problem.What i personally did was head for some spiritual info.Closer relationship with God.Also got some positive,thinking books,to help me change my thoughts.Worked on my stinking thinking.Every time a negitive thoughts came,flushing,i pushed it out with song.,new thoughts,And Prayed for sanity.The chemical imbalance?yea,i felt the dizzingness,swaying{thats how it affected me,dont know about others}at times.The crazy thoughts,over and over.Accepted it,shrug shoulders.,and just kept on.Eventually all of my depression,through His Grace,,is gone,and has been for many,years.I did expect a miracle.And it happened in my life.Also got out of self,more of a blance.Time to take care of my recovery ,a time to help others.Looking back,i was way to much into da self.Way to much.wasnt healthy.When i first started to drink,i never drank for pleasure,never.I drank to try to get rid,of all that negitive,thinking,and crazyiness in my head.Didnt work...This is how it all turned out for me.I cant He can,and i let Him....Thanks for letting me share,
God Bless,,take care!!

Last edited by Cap3; 04-06-2005 at 07:15 AM. Reason: adding to