Thread: Enneagram
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

funny - when i first did Myers-Briggs WAY back in my 20s(?) i was an introvert something or other. (ISFP?)

just took the test and TODAY at 54 i'm an ESTJ - Administrator.

Which is my JOB TITLE.

Extroverted 51%, Introverted 49%
Sensing 81%, Intuitive 19%
Thnking 52%, Feeling 48%
Judging 64%, Perceiving 36%

interesting that how i perceived and related to the world has changed, and that i've moved from introvert to extrovert. i imagine there are one or two folks HERE that would never have thought of me as introverted....hahaha

ESTJ in a Nutshell
ESTJs are hardworking traditionalists, eager to take charge in organizing projects and people. Orderly, rule-abiding, and conscientious, ESTJs like to get things done, and tend to go about projects in a systematic, methodical way.
ESTJs are the consummate organizers, and want to bring structure to their surroundings. They value predictability and prefer things to proceed in a logical order. When they see a lack of organization, the ESTJ often takes the initiative to establish processes and guidelines, so that everyone knows what's expected.
What Makes the ESTJ Tick
ESTJs are conventional, factual, and grounded in reality. For the ESTJ, the proof is in the past: what has worked and what has been done before. They value evidence over conjecture, and trust their personal experience. ESTJs look for rules to follow and standards to meet, and often take a leadership role in helping other people meet expectations as well. They concern themselves with maintaining the social order and keeping others in line.
ESTJs often take on a project manager role at home as well as at work, and excel at setting goals, making decisions, and organizing resources to accomplish a task. The ESTJ wants to achieve efficient productivity and typically believes this is best accomplished when people and systems are well organized.

-Two big events in my life this week - our first ever work group retreat, which i as the ADMINISTRATOR of our group, am tasked with organizing, arranging, point of contact with retreat center, making up the name tags (after AGONIZING over the type of font to use), all that stuff. then the NEXT day, Friday, is the annual United Way Day of Caring and i'm the coordinator for our institution AND the leader for one of the teams! we have a total of 5 teams this year, and somwhere around 75 volunteers. (I always want more, but i can't drag them down the street to the project site!!!). I've been involved with Day of Caring almost since it's inception, about 20 years and have been the coordinator for about 15......