Thread: Enneagram
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Originally Posted by bluehour View Post
I'm type 4. With 5 and 7 25% behind. So I think I'm a super special snowflake lol. It's pretty accurate.

I have a question - I didn't know if I should answer in the sense of what I am naturally inclined to do, or what my present day life demands me to do.
Like putting others' needs before mine. That really isn't my natural predilection, but with four kids and a husband I do it all day long. Which do they want?
From what I've learned from the literature and in workshops, they tend to recommend to choose answers based on how we tend to behave = actions. But obviously for some people more than others, there tend to be discrepancies between what they think/feel and what they do. All this raises questions about authenticity that we discuss often also here on SR. What I think: if you have these dichotomies and contradictions between your mind/heart and actions, you can investigate it in both ways, and then compare. Even the pure fact that you have strong contradictory motivations that cause conflicts between mind and action should reveal some important information. Although I would say, for someone with addiction problems, conflicts and dissonance are pretty much given.