Thread: Modafinil
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Popper Roxi

Originally Posted by billsnephew View Post
I have bad lethargy during the day and also suffer from depression. I'm doing a sleep test tonight to see what is going on with my sleep pattern.

I have been clean and sober for 9 years and am tremendously grateful for this. I'm considering using Provigil (modafinil) as an add-on to my current AD as I hear it helps not only with wakefulness but also depression. My only concern is that it is addictive. How have you gone in this regard? Do you find you have any kind of mental obsession or physical compulsion toward the drug?
I was on it for years until no insurance or other way. Never felt addicted in the least. It's much more subtle than things like adderal, which has addictive qualities, plus no jitters or anything like adderal either.

I did find that it took, on average, 2-4 hours to really start helping me with wakefulness.

Granted, I could often take my provigil, have an energy shot, a double espresso coffee & more caffeine drinks, within just a couple hours & still go to sleep pretty easily. Depends on how bad I'm struggling with fatigue/wakefulness that day.

At my worst....I sat my alarm to wake me around 4 a.m. to take it (kept within reach), then go back to sleep. It would then help me be able to get up 3-4 hours later to go to work.