Old 09-11-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Many women put that stuff on their dating profiles because they believe a lot of guys drink and it will make them look attractive to guys who drink, or look like someone capable of handling dating a drinker (since they assume so many guys do). What I have found in my sober dating is that most women by the time they hit their mid to late 20s drink very little. The ones that still drink regularly are addicted to alcohol and are not the ones you want to date.

"Everyone but me drinks" is your AV. 100% AV. Most people drink very little, or overindulge a couple times a year at most maybe.

Do you honestly think that deep down that good women are attracted to guys that drink a lot? I can say from experience that whatever initial attraction they may have to dating a guy who is a little "crazy" or "dangerous" fades very quickly after a couple dates and they see the reality. Women want a guy that is stable, that is happy, that is ambitious, that has goals, that has varied interests, etc. Drunks cannot check off a single one of those boxes. They are as undateable as it gets. I used to think drinking made me attractive to women, a laughable contention now that I look back at it. Alcohol destroyed every relationship I ever had.