View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
auroraxborealis

Yikes I just typed a response but my phone switched pages on me and it got deleted.

Thanks, everyone.

I've removed his personal ringtone and text tone. (I still jump when I hear other phones make "his" text tone) so I don't run for my phone it if comes through.

I've mentioned this in earlier posts: my dad is a RA and he and my mom have been married for almost 35 years. Much longer sober than active. I think it's colored my world into believing people recover and work through it.

However, I do acknowledge that it takes two, each done his/her own work.

If he can't work his program and stay clean and sober, he doesn't get the be with me.

That's hard. Ugh.

I was laughing at myself yesterday. I wanted to call his phone to see if it worked and talked myself out of it. Guess it does work cause he texted a few hours later. That was my trying to gather info and manage things that aren't my business. And like I said earlier, it's not een two weeks. It feels like forever since I've talked to him. Well it's been almost three weeks since I talked to him, but almost two since he left that voicemail. What is two weeks? Nothing, really, when you think about it. It's the immediate that I need to work on. I jump when people say to rather than sit and process.