View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
auroraxborealis

Texts from rehab?

I was wondering if anyone's x or current partner in an inpatient treatment facility had had access to cell phones? I got a 12:10am text from my x saying "hi." I woke up in the middle of the night and saw it and responded, "is this X?" at 3:53am. at 6:45am I got "Yup" back. So then I wrote "You can have phones in there?" at 8:22am. I know the times aren't necessarily significant, but it makes me wonder if he's snuck the phone in.

As far as I know, his phone was left at his sisters, so that's why I questioned who it was. Maybe he just paid for the number and got a cheap phone. I know It's not my business whether he's breaking the rules, but I'm not certain he is. His sister and I were the only two initially able to see him. I can't imagine he would he allowed to have access to a cell phone (especially a smart phone) in rehab. He hasn't even hit day 60/90 yet.

Last I heard from him, I got a long message about cutting me out of his life because I don't support him (actually I don't support his new "girlfriend" who he apparently openly admitted to a sister to only be using (money, cigarettes)) so once I stopped playing his game--wouldn't bring cigarettes and ignored phone called--he said he didn't want anything to do with me. And he pulled my ROO and visitations. That was Aug. 31. It hasn't even been two weeks and he's texting me. I only believed him about 65% he was done with me.

I guess I'm not sure what to do. He hasn't responded to me asking that he can have a phone but again if he's sneaking it in, he probably hasn't had a chance to respond. I still can't reject the idea of us being together someday, but that's if he works his recovery and gets clean and sober (and I do my part--started alanon but it has been sporadic). And I think I would be involved with family and friends day. But I feel like I should stay away while he is in treatment unless it's supervised (with a counselor) but at the same time he gets passes to be with his family and reintegrate. Ugh I'm so confused.

Should I continue to text? Ignore it? Ask to visit him in person if he wants to talk rather than text? Even bring up the fact that last I heard from him he said he wanted nothing todo with me so why is he texting at all?