Thread: Authenticity
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
I'm an incomplete adult.
But Robot, EVERY adult is incomplete adult. I not think is even any such thing as complete person. Or, is it, every person complete in every moment. Or, is we both complete yet changing at all times, thus violating Heisenberg uncertainty principle. Or, ...OMG! Help!! I caught in Escher drawing that is Robot thread!

If you wish for new identity, maybe you try mental exercise. Visit clinic from “Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind” and order total memory wipe. Then, next time you wake up, past is gone! Boy is gone! Torment over past life choices is gone! Knowledge of you many medical trial and tribulation is gone! So, you simply can no percolate over these thing.

Of course, reality of you situation still there to be dealt with, but like person born blind, you not haunted by sight. Everything just neutral blank slate. Now what? Where would divining rod of spotless new mind take you?

I find, is sometime when I going full on FUBAR dismantled is powerful exercise to deny self to chew on things that mind really really want to ruminate over. Certainly, it free up lot of the neural net. And lot of time, answer just quietly unfold. Turn out it not really require all my despair and agonizing ruminations to move forward. (Although, dramatic creatures that we is, who can resist.) I think this how those damn lucky non-human animal types live such halcyon lives.